Wednesday 10 October 2012

I recently discovered twitter - I know pretty slow to join the social media world - and am slowly getting the hang of it all. Both my work and personal profiles have been a tad challenging to get off the ground, work wise (@Optimalhq) it's pretty easy to find good technical and news tweeters to follow but hard to find inspirational women and entrepreneurs. Personally (@mactoria) I have found about 20 of my friends to follow and found they didn't do much so almost stopped the interaction - until today. Today I realised I hadn't even explored the world of gluten free living on twitter, now via a couple of wonderful hashtags #gf and #glutenfree twitter has opened up a whole new world! awesome!


Another thing happened today, one of the team came into the office for a coffee and doughnut, the doughnuts have been in the office all week just sitting on the bench beside the apples (I have added a photo of our kitchen above so you can imagine where) tempting people it seems. I suddenly realised I hadn't even given them a 2nd glance, not because they're not yummy looking and smelling doughnuts but because my brain doesn't see them as food I can eat. I started to realise this last week when at a party watching people eating pizza, again I didn't really give it a 2nd glance until the gluten free pizza's were pointed out and wham - I couldn't stop eating it!

So what does this mean? is diet just mind-over-matter? without the physical reaction to eating other things that are "bad" for me can I still teach my brain to ignore them as well? Imagine the possibilities - chocolate? wine? coffee? - Nah it can't be that simple.

Here is a photo of our lovely coffee machine at work - now that's a whole other story - this week we are using Flight (@flightcoffee on twitter) coffee's Bomber beans - they are pretty good and mean it's unlikely I can convince my brain coffee is bad anytime soon. Nope my brain is imaging that lovely freshly ground coffee smell now, yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment